FC1 Hanging on install

Harry Moyes harry at shoka.net
Mon Dec 15 21:06:45 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 19:03, M.Hockings wrote:
> I'm trying to install FC1 but it is hanging just after the CD check
> screen.  I have tried both noprobe and skipddc install options as well
> as removing the lan card but no action has yet caused any joy.  Is there
> something else I can try?
>
> This is using a Mercury 1GigaPro board and an old 6G hard drive.  The CD
> and CD reader have been used successfully in other FC1 installs.

On my main system here I cannot boot the install kernel, so can't
upgrade to FD1 on this system in place.

Total silence from the list when I asked if anybody wanted to
help to find out why.

Moved the disc to an older system and ran the upgrade there
(using the same CD's etc)

The single cpu kernel on the initial FD1 discs won't boot on the new
hardware, but the SMP kernel runs like a champ.

So there is at least some hardware out there that the Fedora, (and

Harry Moyes