two gripes about Evolution ...

T. Ribbrock emgaron at gmx.net
Tue Dec 16 15:16:06 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:06:20AM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 04:40 12/16/2003, you wrote:
> >Point is, that flag is non-standard, which means you cannot rely on the
> >recipient seeing it anyway. And even if he does see it, he might very
> >well ignore it, as so many spammers use it as well.

> That is perfectly true. However, while non-standard it is common enough
> that it becomes useful in many settings. Two examples:
[...]

You're perfectly right. What I was really driving at is that there too
many people out there thinking that it *is* a standard flag and rely on
its behaviour (same as the recall), completely unaware that it is in
fact completely optional and not even supported by a significant
percentage of other users out there. As long as one is aware of this and
doesn't rely on this behaviour (especially in a mixed environment), all is
dandy. Blame MS for not informing people properly...

Cheerio,

Thomas