/sbin not in path in su?

Mike Evans mike at public.arl.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:11:11 UTC 2003

Sorry if this has been covered... I'm new to the list and the search
function in the archives is non-op.  After a brand new install of Fedora
Core 1 on my Thinkpad R40, I was trying to compile some drivers and
noticed that all the errors and warnings that cropped up were related to
the script not being able to find "ifconfig"

Since ifconfig is in /sbin and I was su, why wouldn't /sbin be in my
PATH?  I'm not only confused about that, but how to remedy the
situation.  Thanks for the help.

Mike