banned from #fedora?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Dec 16 20:45:38 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 11:35, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> I don't use freenode just for #fedora.
>
> Was that a hint (hoping that things in computers solve themselves
> like by magic) or is there a strange rule banning people with square
> brackets in their nicknames on #fedora?

Bans aren't (usually) set based on handle.  Rather they are based upon
the reverse lookup of your IP address.  Handle bans are extremely easy
to circumvent, whereas hostmask banning is harder to evade, and can
make even more difficult by extending the wildcard mask.

That said, I am an op for #fedora.  What is your reverse IP lookup, and
I can see if perhaps some other fool in your area caused a wide ban.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: