two gripes about Evolution ...

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 16 22:01:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 16:41, David Keen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 20:55, Elton Woo wrote:

> > is that unlike some other mailers, you cannot selectively
> > delete some of the messages in the trash folder.

> That's because when you delete an email it is only marked for deletion.
> Your email isn't gone until you have expunged it.  The Trash folder is
> actually a vFolder.
 Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I am aware of
the feature of "hiding" deleted mail. What I mean is that (with other
mailers), I was able to expunge *some* of the trash, and
keep others that I didn't want to wipe out immediately.

 As I understand it (perhaps wrongly) if I select "empty trash",
I don't have the choice to save *some messages* which I *don't want to
delete immediately*, but which I just want to leave in the trash.
... at least at the time of emptying, hence my statement of "it's
all or nothing"...
...er, am i explaining myself properly?

Perhaps I'll figure it out, so please bear with me (unbearable as
I may be!). (I've been painting the apartment: maybe the fumes are
getting to my brains ... what little of it there is! <*chuckle*>).

Perhaps I could do "show deleted" and thus "recover" those (which
I don't want to really expunge at the moment, before I "clean the
trash". (But then I'll have to 'mark them as deleted again').
Oh well, "Man findet immer ein Ausweg" as my friends in Europe say.

Does this sound right?

Thanks,

Elton ;-)