Mouse (I'm stupid)

Alex White prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 18 16:06:58 UTC 2003

I installed the 2.6.0 rpm (final) via rpm -ivh 2.6blahblah.blah.rpm.
Well you know how kudzu is, it reprobes everything. That's fine, not a
big deal. So I told it to ignore the mouse (because it detects it as a
PS/2 mouse). Now my scroll wheel on my usb logitech mouse doesn't work
anymore. Even if I use the redhat-config-mouse tool to set it as (any!)
type of usb mouse, the scroll wheel doesn't work anymore.

I checked /etc/X11/XF86Config (that X11 may be X11R6, I don't remember.)
At anyrate, the ZAxis 4 5 option is in there. /etc/sysconfig/mouse has
no mention of WHEEL=yes (with or without quotes. I'm a little confuzzled.
I tried deleting /etc/sysconfig/hwconf information on the mouse and
rerunning kudzu. It just insists on saying it's a microsoft psaux ps/2
device. I may have to take a katana to the machine in a fit of rage.

^_^

Alex