kernel-2.6.0-test11

Herbert Gasiorowski gasi3 at web.de
Fri Dec 19 12:15:00 UTC 2003

Yanick Quirion wrote:
> I found something interesting. When I use "grub" I still have this
> problem, but when I install "lilo" as the boot loader, kernel
> 2.6.0-test11 boots fine. Why? Do I need to add specific arguments to my
> grub.conf?

I even tried the other advise to use root=/dev/sd0 ... with exactly the same
result! another try with an evem more strange device failed the same way.

so finaly I tried    "root=LABEL=/"   as kernel option and ... IT WORKS!

(Aktually the "ext3" module has been loaded - as has been stated some lines
  before the error:
    Mounting /proc filesystem
    Mounting root filesystem
    mount: error 6 mounting ext3