How to configure an AVM fritz card usb.v2.0

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Fri Dec 19 13:56:31 UTC 2003

Am Fr, den 19.12.2003 schrieb tsikadillo um 14:10:
> I have an avm fritzcard usb.v2.0 and i cannot make it working in my
> fedora linux . Unfortunatelly the only distro witch supports it is
> Suse from ver 8.1 to 9.0 ,

That's not true. SuSE is the only distro that supports it "out of the
box", but Fedora is pretty close to that. The kernelcapi is already
included in the kernel and capiutils are part of isdn-utils. So the only
think you need is the kernel module from

ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrdusb.v20/linux/suse.82/fcusb2-suse8.2-03.11.02.tar.gz

> but it cant work on fedora and in any Redhat based distro .

>  This
> is a reason that made me to turn my interresting to Suse distros.

Shrug!

> Please help if someone has already solve the same problem ...

U speak German? If not try google to translate the following pages,
otherwise I'll help you.

http://www.netnode.de/howto/fritz-card-usb.html
http://mungo.homelinux.org/

Both links are a little bit outdated, the only thing for you to do is
the part with the kernel module. There also is a compile-help-en.html
included in the package.

Christoph