Newbie: How to upgrade from Red Hat 9 to Fedora from hard disk

Ghod ghod at erols.com
Fri Dec 19 18:42:19 UTC 2003

I've just seen too many LI..................

you guys steer the newbs to HD install.. and when it fails YOU help them
recover!!!
of course the .iso image will be on the unaccessable DRIVE.. with the
failed install

Hope you never have a power outage during an install.. or a burp.. or
heaven knows what.
I can recover from this. .and have done just about every type of install
know to man.. to include  back in the .99 days.. of having to compile
the kernel PRIOR to installing it cause scsi.h couldn't handle both my
controlers and would switch the boot order after install, which WOULD
cause the system to hang since the devices now were labeled incorrectly

Since you have NEVER had a problem, means nobody will EVER have a
problem, is STUPID logic at best! since you have never had a HD fail..
they never do? come on..
I was offering REAL advice for a NEWBIE.. make a CD copy of the ISO so
you have a BACKUP media in case of problems. I wouldn't do plain HD
install nor recommend it to a newbie.
that is my point, if you want to run them down the short-cut path.. so
be it.

I'm NOT wrong.. opinions are just that if you agree with william so be
it, that does NOT make my opinion wrong!
it just means you like short-cuts for newbs too.

and installing Linux on a machine without CD-ROM or Floppy.. now THAT
must have been a real jewel.. hope it never crashes.. since you would
never be able to install ANYTHING back on it.