Disabling Sendmail to enable qmail

Geert Vanderkelen geert at kemuri.org
Wed Dec 24 12:00:53 UTC 2003

Hey,

I'm installing qmail from source (I have my reasons btw) but need to
remove the original sendmail or at least disable it.
Putting an exit in the init.d script: upgrade might overwrite it
(already happend). Maybe there is some kind of sysconfig where I can
disable sendmail? DEAMON=No?

But what I really would like, and maybe somebody has it made already, is
a package that would replace the current sendmail installation. Simply a
pakage that doesn't install anything but only says to the other
packages: mail-service is available.

There is a Debian package somewhere, but is there something like that
for Fedora/RedHat?

Thanks,

Geert

--