Mozilla

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Dec 25 01:39:21 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 16:54, David C. Hart wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 10:26, trufflesdad wrote:
> > Wonder if anyone has upgraded Mozilla and if so is it worthwhile ?
> > I have d/loaded the 1.5.1 rpm's but am not sure if to upgrade or not.
> > Secondly is there a yum repository for Mozilla ??
>
> I tried to update to 1.6b today and it failed on GTK. My sole purpose is
> to take advantage of some new mail enhancements. Evolution is great but
> it's a bit of a piggy.
>                                ---------
>             Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence

You can get Mozilla 1.6b FC1 RPM's from www.mozilla.org
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6b/contrib/Fedora_Core1_RPMS/RPMS/i386/

Mozilla 1.6b has a new cross platform NTLM implementation.  If you use
Mozilla in an intranet that uses NTLM, this is a welcome.  NTLM did work
with previous versions, though only under MS Winders.

I downloaded the RPMS, then removed the previous mozilla RPMS using
--nodeps.  Then I installed the new FC 1 1.6b RPMS and it is working
well at home and on my Linux workstation at work.  You can get a list of
your currently installed Mozilla RPMS by doing:
	grep -i moz /var/log/rpmpkgs

Jim Drabb
--
James Drabb