no display with kernel 2.6.0

Alimin Bijosono Oei alimin_oei at myrealbox.com
Sat Dec 27 10:44:56 UTC 2003

>>I downloaded kernel 2.6.0 from

>> How do things go with the rawhide 2.6 kernel ?
>> (Also available at http://people.redhat.com/davej/FedoraCore2/)

>Did you set a vga=792 in the lilo.conf or in grub, this will turn off
>the
>screen with a 2.6 kernel.
>give vga=828 a try or vga=ask

Thanks Rudi, I tried that too but didn't work. In the end, I decided to
reinstall Fedora fully instead of upgrading from existing RH9
installation, reinstall the 2.6.0 kernel and it worked with
out-of-the-box configuration! There is no need for vga=something
parameter. I dont know why but that's the solution for me. Perhaps any
other testers want to verify this?

Alimin