Install on 32 meg celeron machine

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 27 13:58:57 UTC 2003

Steve Watford wrote:

>They are running IE something. They are on SP 6.  Although they are slow and the
> graphics are limited. 800x600 16 color I think. They work.  FC1 refuses to try
>to install, anaconda just exits. RH9 did install, although it won't run X
>without swapping to disk so much that the HD starts throwing timeout errors.
>Guess I'm just going to have  upgrade the ram.  Funny that for linux we need to
>upgrade the hardware that WinNT will run on.  Sort of a reversal.  I know there
>are lighter versions of linux out there, but we have settled on RH,Fedora.
>
>Thanks

Your comparison is a little skewed, you are comparing the latest Linux
system with a prehistoric windows version..
If you want to compare to WinNT you should be trying to install RH5.x.
If you are comparing to FC1 then you need to use Windows 2003..

I don't think Windows 2003 would be too happy on 32MB of RAM either.. ;-)

Later..