wireless help newbie

George Bennett kdkuhles at myrealbox.com
Sat Dec 27 18:17:56 UTC 2003

I have a dell inspiron running fedora core 1 with kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.  Please help me get away from M$ once and for all!

I have a wireless router and desperately am trying to get my wireless pcmcia adapter to work without luck.  The adapter is a netgear ma401.

I have tried suggestions on multiple forums wihtout success, which leads me to my two questions:

1.  Is there any 802.11b wireless pcmcia adapter that will work with fedora core 1 "out of the box"?.  I have changed the default setting on my wireless gateway/router for essid and my wep (128) keys.

2.  Can anyone tell me how to configure the netgear ma401 to work?