Hard Drives and Kernal Source

Mads V. Pedersen rhl-list at volsted.com
Sun Dec 28 02:11:46 UTC 2003

Not that I otherwise find it worthwhile to correct spelling on mailing
lists if the posters intent is clear, but maybe it is causing a problem
in this case.

---------------------

 From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (27 SEP 03) [foldoc]:

   kernel

           (Note: NOT "kernal").

           1. <operating system> The essential part of {Unix} or other
           {operating system}s, responsible for resource allocation,
           low-level hardware interfaces, security etc.  See also
           {microkernel}.

So try

$ up2date kernel-source

again, unless you already did in which case I apologize in advance for
picking on your spelling.

-- mads