up2date problems

Toh Boon Wee boonwee at xakin.net
Sun Dec 28 06:39:52 UTC 2003

> 1) I keep getting a prompt that the GPG signature is incorrect. I
> installed FC1 from scratch and installed all the necessary keys.

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Ok. Am going to try this.

> 2) When the packages are downloaded, I was prompted to click 'Forward'
> to begin the installation process. When I clicked the 'Forward'
button,
> up2date 'died' and the process was terminated automatically.
>
> i tried a few times and the above symptoms happened everytime.

What happens if you use the non-GUI version in console "up2date-nox -u"?

It's the same. The process terminated after downloading the rpms without
installation. I queried using rpm -qa |grep <package> and the old
package was installed instead of the new package.