Up2date Misbehaves...Slowly

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 29 03:01:24 UTC 2003

billg wrote:

>I did a fresh FC1 install today on a machine that has previously run
>Fedora quite happily and glitch free.
>

>8.   Happily spinning hourglass appears...and spins for 45 minutes or so.
> Progress bar does not progress across the graphic.  Hard drive is not
>busy.
>9.  I kill up2date and relaunch it.  Up2date proceeds to start
>downloading everything again.
>10. Sigh....
>
>Now, I run up2date from the commandline, and sometime before I relaunched
>it, it produced this error message:
>

>at's happening?  Where are all the downloaded packages?  Can they be
>installed manually?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Billg

Your last name isn't "Gates", by any chance, is it? LOL! (... and
ducking swiftly).
Seriously, though, I wonder if this has anything to do with it:
"download.fedora.us disk failure", posted by Warren Togami on the 2nd
instant:
<http://www.fedora.us/pipermail/fedora-devel/2003-December/002369.html>
To date, I haven't seen any update to this item at:
http://www.fedora.us/

... just a possiblity...

Elton.

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.