fsck - still can't fix boot failure

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at netscape.net
Wed Dec 31 16:05:56 UTC 2003

I tried umount the partition /dev/hda4 (where my fc1 installed),
and then I issued "fsck /dev/hda4" - The program started working,
finally I was dropped back into the shall.
And I reboot. After that fc1 started and still fail to boot but just
dropped me into the shell as first time without any fixing . Seems fsck
can't help this time ( even when I issue fsck -A , of course umount the
/dev/hda4 first ).
Anyone can help further?