eol rh9-ximian and fedora...?

Gene Delitzoy delitzoy at telus.net
Tue Nov 4 20:23:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 13:01, John Wendel wrote:

> I expect that Novell/Suse will concentrate on the enterprise
> market and match the RH pricing model. There's no money in the
> Linux desktop market for home users.
>
> But then again, I don't know shit.

Well maybe novell does not know that they are required to release a
stable,  QAed, updated, and security backported distro for free. Not
only that, all that should be required of people is hitting a button
when it is red to upgrade.

I want 24/7 stability and next day patches on my oh-so-important
"servers" that somehow are not important enough for 400$ a year. How
dare they offer me a free version, and without a guarantee too, the
nerve of some companies!! They are there to serve me, the non paying
customer, don't they know that?