hoax or bad taste joke by Redhat's CEO?

Black black_771 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:43:05 UTC 2003

> Feel sorry for this, but GNU/Linux is not ready for the
> desktop market, at least for the average user.

I've been saying this for a while too, but as both a RedHat stockholder and
administrator, I don't like to see this one bit.  Once installed, the
"basics" of computer use are there and VERY easy to use.  For a true
computer newbie, such as our elementary age kids, there is nothing to
"unlearn".  A perfect canvas to build the future of desktop Linux.  I think
RedHat missed on this one and apparently I'm not alone.  To see this news on
the same day as the SuSe\Novell announcement sent the stock down sharply.
Is anyone listening?