No Full Control Install!

Douglas Sievers dsievers at ucla.edu
Fri Nov 7 20:07:32 UTC 2003

Amen! I was actually looking forward to custom selecting packages, since I
was doing a clean install on a new drive. My last install I was a newbie and
learned just how much trash I should get rid of. Needless to say I was VERY
disappointed with the install.

Even though I chose to custom select packages and do my best, the installer
took on a mind
of its own, installing extra packages left unselected and ignoring packages
that I DID want to install.

Later, from the add/remove programs GUI, when I tried installing packages
from disk, the GUI requests  "Fedora Core 1" disk 1 (or whatever).  After
putting the CD in, the package update exits with an error. I think this is
because the ISO's have "FC-1 i386" as the CD name, not "Fedora Core 1" as it
should have been. I had to use yum for the new packages I wanted to install.
What a headache!