Win4Lin with FC1? Also...kudzu hangs with plain 2.4.22 kernel

Dave Thomas dave at sasdatalink.com
Sun Nov 9 23:33:40 UTC 2003

Anyone get Win4Lin working with FC1?

I am in the unfortunate position of needing to run Windows from time to
time for work and need Win4Lin. The kernel patches that Netraverse
provides for the 2.4.22 kernel do not work with the FC1 kernel, so I
patched a 'korg' kernel (2.4.22) with the Win4Lin patches and everything
compiles fine...but Win4Lin craps out when starting the Win98 install
for some reason. I am looking into it now but thought I would check and
see if anyone else had solved this problem already.

I also had a problem with kudzu hanging the system with the plain 2.4.22
kernel. I installed the kudzu RPM from RH9 and it solved the problem.

Thanks,
Dave Thomas