mailing list subject lines

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Nov 10 12:25:49 UTC 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Fred Nastos wrote:

> On November 10, 2003 01:14 am, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 November 2003 08:00 pm, Fotios Nastos wrote:
> > > I'll just filter manually (i.e. ctrl-j in Kmail).  Thanks.
> >
> > In Kmail go to "Tools | Create Filter | Filter on Mailing-list"
>
> Right, but mail won't automatically go into the folder as it is downloaded
> from the mail server.  Maye for you it will, but for me, I have to highlight
> all the mail and then ctrl-j.  Here comes the fun part:  if I'm feeling risky
> and I decide to highlight a lot of emails and filter them, then kmail
> sometimes crashes.   For this computer I'm still using redhat7.3 with kde
> 3.0.5 (my other comps are using FC1).  Anyway, please don't tell me to
> upgrade; in every other respect this install is working beautifully.  Over
> christmas holidays I will upgrade this desktop, and hopefully all my
> "problems" will go away.  Cheers.

In your filter, near the bottom, where it says "Apply this filter", did
you make sure to mark a check in the box that says "to incoming messages",
and not just in "on manual filtering"?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit