which Fedora cd contains which rpms?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Nov 10 19:34:28 UTC 2003

On Monday, Nov 10th 2003 at 20:43 +0200, quoth Doncho N. Gunchev:

=>On Monday 10 November 2003 07:03, Globe Trotter wrote:
=>> How do I get to know this?
=>  There's a .db in rh9, and there surely is in Fedora, 'cause
=>if you try add-remove packages from X, it knows what disk it
=>needs... (can someone provide greater details)
=>
=>  I used some tools to make catalogue of my CDs. GTKatalog looked
=>great, but it will surely fail with files with strange names (ex:
=>with '#' in the name). After trying to add support for .rar I
=>finaly gave it up and ended up using
=>tree /mnt/cdrom > ~/CDs/diskname.txt

There's a great simple tool called whichcd
http://sourceforge.net/projects/whichcd
which comes on an rpm. It knows about all packages on your system but it
does not yet know about fedora. I've already written to the author asking
him to upgrade the package. In the meantime, if someone wanted to go ahead
and make the mods (I'm pressed for time) I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net