Post Install Problems

Michael Gargiullo mgargiullo at warpdrive.net
Tue Nov 11 18:04:25 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 12:38, Andre Fedora wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 14:53, Steve Scott wrote:
> >> After I instal FC1 it boots to the final setup screen and freezes
> >> (no mouse or keyboard). When I reboot and check the file system several
> >> items (video, pwc, sound) fail. Except for those it proceeds with
> >> OK also), then it just stops [...].
> >
> > Did you check the md5sums of the .iso files after download?
> > Did you perform the media check on the CDs before install?
>
> I'm having the same problem here (on HP Pavilion notebook). I checked the
> MD5Sums of the *.iso files and performed the media check before install;
> no problem was found. What should we do to correct this issue?
>
> Thank you, Andre.

This happened to me this morning.  I booted into rescue mode, and
checked the logs (dmesg and message), figured out that fedora was
hanging while trying to bring up X.  I changed so I boot into runlevel 3
instead of 5...   I login using text, then start x works fine.  I went
through the X config and changed a few things, but haven't rebooted into
runlevel 5 to see if everything works yet...

--
Michael Gargiullo <mgargiullo at warpdrive.net>
Warp Drive Networks