Nvidia / XFree86-Mesa-libGL

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Tue Nov 11 18:33:28 UTC 2003

Aurelien GROSDIDIER wrote:
>  > IMHO, nVidia should provide an RPM that provides the same
> dependencies > (i.e.Mesa, libGL.so.1, XFree86-Mesa-libGL) that
> XFree86-Mesa-libGL
>  > does.
>
> Such rpms are available here : http://www2.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia/.
> They work, but i don't know who built them and how.

I built them, and the src.rpm is available at the same location it
anyone's interested in how they work/are built.

The dependency is not on an rpm package, but on libGL.so.1, which both
XFree86-Mesa-libGL and the Nvidia rpms in question satisfy.

Work is in progress towards unifying the various efforts of packaging
the Nvidia driver for RH/FC. When that is done, there will be a "3:rd
party" style apt/yum/up2date repository with a correctly packaged Nvidia
driver so that Nvidia user can install and keep the driver updated by a
single command, and require no manual configuration.

(Axel, you might wanna add something here?)

/Peter