Pcmcia is gone

William Burgos wburgos at netzero.com
Wed Nov 12 15:55:34 UTC 2003

I installed fedora to a laptop that had RH9... Everything was working fine
until I installed a Wireless Proxim 11b Orinoco card (not the classic).

I downloaded a linux driver from a page but when I compiled it and installed
it my pcmcia got messed up...saying can't find yenta_socket.o

I uninstall the pcmcia rpm and any related file... Then reinstall the
kernel-pcmcia-cs.

I also reinstall the kernel with the --force option... But pcmcia is still
not working.

BTW.- I also will apreciate if someone give me the model and name of a
wireless card that actually works with RH or Fedora since I already have
bought 3 of them and none have works or have buggy drivers..  I want a card
that works using the regular pcmcia drivers.

Regards,

William Burgos
BM IT Services, Inc.
wburgos at bmitservices.com