Sound Juicer does not work properly.

Joseph M Bironas fedora at josebiro.com
Thu Nov 13 19:30:27 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 11:12, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I use soundjuicer to rip a cd I have the following issues:
>
> 1. If I choose to extract to wav it hangs and nothing happens
>
> 2. If I extract to ogg, it's very slow. The CPU load should be 100% but
> is on average around 50%
>
> Anybody else seeing this?

Yes, and I've noticed that if I rip to Ogg, it writes random files as
zero length files.

Also, if I use Grip it rip to ogg, nautilus and Rhythmbox report it as
an MP3 file and refuse to play it. I can't find anywhere that MIME types
are being set, and no info in nautilus metadata to tell me why it thinks
the files are MP3's.

j-