Problems with installation via http or FTP

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Nov 15 22:44:51 UTC 2003

At 14:43 11/15/2003, you wrote:
> something that
> >
> > Which network card are you using, and which driver?
>
>Here's an embarrasing question...how do I find out without opening the box
>up? I bought the computer new from SWT Technologies,and it just says
>"built-in network card". It work fine on RH 9.0, which it came configured
>with.

Besides the other answers given, there is a file called
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf with the hardware that kudzu found on install. If you
look at your (working) RHL-9 install and read that file (simple text file),
search for NETWORK and you'll find your card. Copy that information (until
a line with just a dash on it) and post that to the list, so people can
help you see if there is a problem with that driver on Fedora or otherwise
solve your issues.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com