Internal Web-Server

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Nov 16 12:54:07 UTC 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Glenn Remstedt wrote:

> Sorry if I'm on the wrong list here, but
>
> Q's; Have a network with an external and internal LAN, and only dynamic
> IP-addr.
>        On the internal, I do want to have a Web-server. What do I need to
> do, to ensure
>        that the IP-addr. gets updated on the Web-Server?

My suggestion is to set up a separate system as a firewall (cable/dsl
router, or an actual linux system with iptables runnign) and hook it up to
the external connection.  Then, you leave the web server on the internal
IP, have the firewall forward the connections inside to the web server.

That way, using the internal IP on the web server, you never have to
change the IP in the httpd.conf file.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit