Browsing a Windows shared directory?

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Nov 16 13:56:50 UTC 2003

Bryan Anderson ha scritto:
> antonio montagnani wrote:
>
>> Have you samba installed and running??
>

> Installed - yes (ver 3.0.0-15)
> Running - erm? No idea. I have a book on Redhat and it does have a
> section on Samba but it's an older version and following the
> instructions there don't help at all.
>
> A decent Howto link would be good, but most of them seem to assume a
> decent understanding of Linux to start with!
>
> Bryan Anderson <fedora at bryananderson.co.uk>
>

> --

You have to make it start at start-up by running redhat-config-services
and allowing smb service to start.
I suggest anyway to install Webmin (www.webmin.com) and by System/Bootup
and Shutdown settimb Samba to start at Boot-time.

Rgds

--

  Antonio

  Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
  Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org