diva-mp3, smc-barricade

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Mon Nov 17 02:32:10 UTC 2003

shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

>> M.Hockings wrote:

>>> I am using a printer in the same way.  Currently I print to it via a
>>> share on a Windows box (which rather defeats the purpose of the
>>> whole setup).  If you find a driver for the SMC please let us know!
>>

>> do you really need a driver for the smc-printserver and not only for
>> the printer ?
>

> i would say NO
>
> check the installation instruction for an smc barricade 7404wbrb under
> w2k
>
> http://www.smc-europe.com/english/support/driver_manual/broad/download/7404BRA/WIN200%20%26%20XP%20Pri%85nstructions.pdf
>

> this should work under linux in this way:
>  remote unix-printer
>  server-name or server-ip
>  the queue is "lpt1"
>

> good luck

Thanks Shrek,

This got me really excited but it didn't work.  I did a bit more
investigation along this avenue and found out that I have an old version
of the smc device that appears not to have this feature, it is only on
the newer versions.  Seems they kept the name the same but changed the
sub part number and there are different drivers and stuff.  Maybe it's
time to upgrade my hardware to a newer one and give this one to a
co-worker that could use it.

Kind regards,

Mike