two ntp RPMs?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 16:28:28 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Dave Roberts wrote:

> Nope. I had the same thing happen to me. I upgraded a RH9 installation
> and then fired up synaptic and it complained the same way. There were
> all sorts of little things having issues, however, so I ended up
> reinstalling FC1 clean on the root partition. This is definitely an
> upgrade issue, though I can't tell if it has something to do with
> apt/synaptic or just a RH9->FC1 upgrade.

I've had this happening with apt using apt to upgrade from RH8 to RH9.  I
found that on doing an rpm -Fvh on a load of files, I'd got loads of
duplicates.  Performing an rpm -Uvh on all the packages again cleared the
problem.

jh

--
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the
question of whether a submarine can swim."