Sound-Juicer / Rhythmbox problems

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Mon Nov 17 18:47:09 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 12:37, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:04:47 -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>
> >     That's odd.  Did 'Juicer rip them as .oggs, or maybe they were just
> > renamed .ogg, but are .mp3's in disguise?  I'm told it won't rip oggs, but
> > I've not tried that, yet.
>
> I'm not just more confused that I was :)  I found they were 0 bytes in
> length, but ogg123 would play ( some ) of them.  So I'm guessing the
> problem lies in juicer.  Although I did also have gaim running with
> annoying system sounds which after disabling them the problem "seemed" to
> go away, kinda.
>
> The other annoying thing is rhythmbox takes sooo long to add songs to its
> playlist, now I remember why I stopped using it..

    Yeah, stay with Grip for a couple of versions of SoundJuicer; sounds
like a bug.

Brian Fahrländer                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262