dual boot laptop

Timothy Ha linuxmail at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 17 22:15:36 UTC 2003

Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:

> Can someone suggest a laptop model and configuration
> that can dual boot  XP, Fedora Core or SuSE with reasonable performance
> and least amount of problems.
>
> Thanks.
> Peter

I am using Roverbook Nautilus B570 (www.roverbook.com), which is a
Russian-made Centrino box. Processor is Pentium M 1300, RAM 512.

My video driver is ATI Mobility 9, it works perfectly in Fedora in 1400
x 1050 resolution, the resolution of my 15" screen. Modem (winmodem!)
has driver from SMLink.com. Sound card was detected correctly. USB 2.0
ports work with my external hard drive.

I run Windows XP Home (sold with the laptop) doing some Delphi
programming. And I am using/learning Linux.

Our church is moving totally to Linux for desktop work and intranet
within the office. We're going to have WiFi. I don't have a WiFi card,
even though my laptop has a slot for built-in card (I saved some money
buying a WiFi-less box). But I will report my progress later.

I am so glad that Fedora is working smoothly on my laptop. I am waiting
for Linux to learn how to suspend to hard disk like Windows XP does when
I close the laptop.

Timothy.