dual boot laptop

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 18 02:28:26 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:31:08 -0800
Lox Thomson <lox at profitsource.us> wrote:

> I dual boot WinXP and Mandrake 9.2 on a Sager 8890.  Its the
> quintessential desktop replacement laptop with a 865 Springdale chipset.
>  Everything
> installs perfectly, down to the IR device.  Take a good look at it:
>
> www.pctorque.com

Cripes!  That behemoth weighs 12 pounds!  Can someone suggest a model that
weighs in at 4 pounds or less?  Right now, I'm running FC1 on a
Thinkpad 570E.  The 570E weighs in at just under 4 pounds and I wouldn't
think of carrying anything heavier.

Sure the 3D is nice, but not if it's going to weigh three times what my
current laptop weighs! :)