KDE 3.1.93 for Fedora spotted

Dave Thomas dave at sasdatalink.com
Wed Nov 19 04:51:39 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 7:04 pm, Rob Park wrote:
> pctech at mybellybutton.com wrote:
>
> > Do you, collectively, prefer KDE or Gnome?  And why?

These days, I prefer KDE. I use a ATI8500LE with two monitors and the Xinerama
(although it is pseudo-xinerama with latest r200 dri snap) options in 3.1.93
finally do everything I have always wanted. I can have apps maximize to a
single monitor, and have the task bar span both monitors at the same time,
which is just what I want. I also find the eye candy (Kandy? hehe) in KDE to
be better. KDE also seems more integrated than Gnome does....and it has lots
of little touches for laptop users that come in handy. KDE is just damn
tight.  That said, Gnome is also very good these days, but it just does not
do a few things that KDE can do for my setup.

BTW: I have been running 3.1.93 since a few minutes after my post saying I
'spotted' it.....and it really kicks a**. If you are into KDE, you want it.

Dave Thomas