chroot ??? what is it ?

Genti A. Hila genti_tek4 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 05:31:57 UTC 2003

Hi,

I was trying to configure Bind in Fedora. I've configured bind with Redhat 7 and since almost two years  I haven;t worked with bind anylonger. I saw that the Bind version that Fedora shipes with has a new package bind-chroot.

I've heard about chroot but i do not now very well what exactly is it.
I do not pretend that anybody is going to teach me that, but i was wondering if someone knows any website that talks about chroot and probably how to configure it in Fedora (since Fedora has not yet any documentation).

Thanks