2.6.0-test kernel and the ali5451 sound card

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 10:12:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Dan Goodes wrote:

> If someone floating around out there on the list has any suggestions at
> all, i'd appreciate it. Obviously it's just a test kernel, and these sorta
> bugs are to be expected - but I have a feeling this is just something
> stupid I'm doing wrong somewhere.

Not having used this route to 2.6 heaven, my only comment would be to check
that /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe contains /sbin/modprobe.  If not, then odds are
hotplug will be wrong too (should be /sbin/hotplug).  Take a poke at
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, and do s/ksyms/kallsyms/ and that should fix it
permentantly (but then breaks things for 2.4, beware).  It's trivial to make
it work for both...

jh

--
"I have never smuggled anything in my life. Why, then, do I feel an uneasy
 sense of guilt on approaching a customs barrier?"