Session chooser before login

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Fri Nov 21 19:05:52 UTC 2003

Ben Steeves wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 14:38, Peter Eddy wrote:
>

>>Automatically making the current selection the default for the future
>>seems like the kind of thing a user-friendly UI would do.
>
> For every person who would like the session to be retained automatically
> across logins, you'll find someone who would hate it.  I fall into the
> latter category.  I prefer to start with a clean slate and open the apps
> I want manually.

I think you've misunderstood me, I only meant that GDM should
automatically retain your selection of KDE, Gnome, or whatever that you
make from the "Choose a Session" dialog in gdm. I agree with you that
automatically restarting the applications that were running in your
previous session is irritating.

Peter