wlan-ng RPMs

dave at dave.org.uk dave at dave.org.uk
Sun Nov 23 18:36:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:18:00AM +0000, dave at dave.org.uk (dave at dave.org.uk) wrote:
> I see that linux-wlan-ng RPMs for Fedora are now available from
> <http://prism2.unixguru.raleigh.nc.us/>, but I'm slightly wary of the
> big flashing warning sign which says:
>
>   "These packages were built on a RedHat 9 system with the FC1 kernel
>   source. It is not guaranteed that they will work."
>
> I was wondering if anyone had tried them and how well they had worked.
> Or shall I go first :)

OK, so I bit the bullet earlier today and it all seems to have worked
fine first time. I used the i686 builds and the RPMs I loaded were:

  kernel-wlan-ng-modules-fc1.1.2115-0.2.1-pre14
  kernel-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre14
  kernel-wlan-ng-pci-0.2.1-pre14

I'd be happy to help anyone else as much as I can.

Dave...

--
  Remember... what the dormouse said