raise window on-click

Iain Buchanan iain at pcorp.com.au
Tue Nov 25 04:27:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 11:01, Ryan Daly wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 20:15, Ben Steeves wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 21:09, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > > I can't find out how to make a mouse click (other than on the title bar)
> > > raise the window.
[snip]

> To get the action of clicking in a window to raise it, one should use
> click-to-focus, not focus-follows-mouse.  Focus-follows-mouse mode now
> only raises the window when clicking the border.

No, one should not :) because then the focus doesn't follow the mouse.
I would like 1. focus follows mouse (but doesn't raise), AND 2. click
(anywhere) raises, because that is the most efficient way of working
(for me) and efficiency is one big reason I chose linux in the first
place.  Other people may/do disagree, so it should be an option.
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp.nospam.com.au>

You can tell how far we have to go, when FORTRAN is the language of
supercomputers.
		-- Steven Feiner