re-exec init hang - fixed?

jford jford at usm.maine.edu
Tue Nov 25 11:18:38 UTC 2003

On Friday 21 November, Bob Arendt wrote:
>You might also look in slocate.cron.  Make sure it isn't scanning any strange
>devices or mounts.  I just realized that my /home is an autofs mount, so
>slocate has been banging it every evening, generating a lot of automounts.
>(Just bugzilla'd this as an enhancement).

and this turned out to be a winner. My USB card reader shows up as sda1
and was in fstab with whatever options the installation decided to put there.
I'm not sure what the correct options are (I tried replacing "auto" with "vfat"
and added "noauto" without much success), but I completely removed sda1
from fstab and since then haven't had the 4am hangups.

(Well, except for once, which was just after midnight and apparently
for some other reason - no log data on that one, so we'll pretend it didn't
happen.)

Thanks!

Jim Ford