please recommend a video capture card

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 11:08:08 UTC 2003

--- Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:

> On Monday 17 November 2003 19:16, Jonathan C. Sitte wrote:
> > Touching that the card is called a WinTV card ;). What would you
> > recommend for capture, Kino?
>
> Excuse me?  I don't quite follow what you're asking.  The WinTV
> PVR-250 is
> one of the best TV capture cards out there, especially for Linux
> support.
> uses the bttv modules, works great.
>
> - --
> Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)

Hello;
  I received the PVR-250 card last friday.

Unfortunately the CD was scratched by the pcb mounting bracket and is
bad.
I have emailed both the vendor and hauppauge several times to no avail.

Is there anyone in the U.S. with this card?
I will gladly pay for postage and expenses for a burned CD copy (vers
1.7). Paypal or cash.

My linux question is: can I run a Realmagic Hollywod plus DVD decoder
card with the EM8300 chip along with this decoder?

The Hollywood Plus has vga-out/digital-out/and s-video-out.
Whereas the PVR-250 has only inputs.

So I guess what I want to know is can I capture with the pvr-250 and
display with the hollywood+?

The hollywood plus uses an external jumper cable to the vga cards
output. So the monitor actually plugs into the DVD card.

I am buried in the morass of xine/mplayer and their dependencies.
Not much fun on a dial-up connection.

Do you think that FC2 will include mp3/mpeg/ support ?
I forgot what a pita it was to get rh9 to do this.

Once I get it working I plan to test the pvr250 using mythtv.

How did you guys get your pvr-250 cards to work/checked out?

thanks
  Mick M.