Java

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Wed Nov 26 19:49:19 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 14:35, Robert Marcano wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 15:07, Edward Croft wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 13:48, Robert Marcano wrote:
>  <snip>
> >

> which version of java worked?, in order to be able to use the java
> plugin you need Sun JVM 1.4.2 or Blackdown Java compiled using gcc 3.2,
>
> I created an account in pogo in order to test it, but my browser
> crashed, but java requested my proxy password before crashing, so java
> was working

It was the Blackdown that I compiled that worked. Here is the message
from the Pogo site when using Sun's.

The following error has occurred:
Java Not Found or Not Working

Explanation:
You must have Java installed on your computer in order to run Pogo
games, and it must be functioning properly. This error means you either
don't have Java installed yet, or your Java is not working correctly.

How to fix the problem:
Java is a free download that is required to play Pogo games. Not all
computers come with Java pre-installed. If you haven't played Pogo games
before and are getting this error, you probably just need to install
Java on your computer. Click Here for instructions on installing Java
for your operating system and browser.

If you already have Java installed and are getting this error, your Java
may be out-of-date or is no longer working. In that case, your Java
needs to be upgraded or reinstalled. If you need help, click here.