Mail client advice

leam leam at reuel.net
Thu Nov 27 13:52:23 UTC 2003

Okay, I could use some help on picking a mail client. I'm shuffling the
home computers around and want to end up with one file server and one
Fedora based workstation; this means moving 5 years of e-mail!

I like the usefulness of a GUI mail client, the current choice is
Mozilla. Sorting mail is fairly easy, as is re-sorting. However, I also
like a non-GUI interface for the ability to connect remotely; I've used
pine before.

There will be an internal mail server (eventually) so the mail clients
won't have to connect directly out.

Standard text format is highly useful, especially when grep'ing the
"jobs" folder for job search contacts.  :)

Suggestions are welcome, preferably ones that work on Fedora and are
open source.

ciao!

leam