/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start

Jani Ollikainen k0001744 at evtek.fi
Thu Nov 27 14:49:19 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:53:27PM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> It's a fault in the init script and it has a bugzilla entry.
> To correct it change the line where it is checked whether the daemon is
> alife to:
>     mysqladmin -u DUMMY_USER ping

It could also look at /root/.my.cnf -file. I have my password there, so
then it would work nicely. But maybe some enviroment variable HOME or
something is not set yet so it doesn't look there.

(I don't want to start testing how to do that, because I need my mysql
constantly)

--
 Jani Ollikainen   http://iki.fi/bestis/