Vmware

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 02:11:36 UTC 2003

am running 4.0.5 latest build of vmware.. under winxp the sound card is
recognised at an es1371 (or similar) and under win98 it thinks it's an
sb16.. have installed the default driver (from windows cd) for both and
it sounds horrible.. so I tried proper Creative drivers and it sounds
the same..

I'm sure that I've had this working before (I could be mistaken though
- the sound wasn't a great issue) under either RH9 or MDK but I don't
see any reason why things should be different..

Arts is running fine under FC1 and everything (mp3's, CD's, BT848 TV
Card - line in etc etc) works a treat..

I would have thought that if the vmware team could emulate a whole x86
architecture - a simple thing like a sound card shouldn't be a problem -
maybe I just don't know enough about how these things work though....

Seems a strange problem.. all this stemmed from me not being able to
figure out how to broadcast to my dj station..

Can't figure out how to get Oddsock dsp working in xmms.. so figured I'd
run shoutcast through winamp in a vmware sesssion (convoluted huh? lol)

Oh well.. back to the drawing board.. lol

Craig