apt or similar

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Nov 28 15:19:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 17:01, Laurent Rathle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've seen that Fedora contain apt but in which packages ? It was not installed
> by default. Does it has the possibility, like the Debian one, to search for a
> package or for which package contains a certain file, for example. I didn't
> see it with rehat tools.

It doesn't (at least currently) come in Fedora Core, you'll need to
fetch it from extras which is at the moment hosted at www.fedora.us -
you can find pointer to the latest apt version included at
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraHOWTO

And yes, it functions basically just like apt in Debian.

	- Panu -