Re: Fedora and the System Administrator

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 17:50, David Chait wrote:
> > I dont expect that this will be any different for any of the Linux
> > companies and volunteer orgs (Debian) in the coming years. Everytime
> > there is a new Debian, the security volunteers say they will only
> > maintain the old release for 6 months and there is great wailing and
> > nashing of teeth about how shitty Debian is.
>
> The difference of course is, Debian offers a stable release life of over 2
> years prior. That is hardly as aggravating as making a major migration

While this is true in the past, it had been said that newer Debian
release cycles would go to 6-12 month cycles. I thought when asked the
security team said that would not change how long they would maintain
software after a new release. [This was from last year or so...]

--
Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen lanl gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645